Property Titles & Searches

Read more about Property Titles and Searches here.

Ed Stiner, Register of Deeds

P. O. Box 58
Dandridge, TN 37725
(865) 397-2918

Office Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Are your records accessible online?
Yes. Beginning September 1, 1998, you may access the records from this office or online by contacting B.I.S. Information Systems at 866-414-5192 or at

2. Are your records available by fax?
No. We do not have a fax machine. This service would require extra personnel, and we could never recover the cost for this service.

3. How far back do your records date for
Jefferson County?
Our records begin in 1972 and include to date and are accessible at the Courthouse. Our records are open to the public and may be inspected during regular office hours. Our office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday (except holidays).

4. Is this where I register my deed?

Yes, we record all types of deeds, assignments, releases, powers of attorney, and a variety of miscellaneous instruments.

5. What is the cost for recording my deed?

Warranty deeds are taxed at the rate of $3.70 per thousand dollars of value or consideration, which ever is greater.

Trust deeds are exempt on the first $2,000.00 and taxable at the rate of $1.15 per thousand on the balance of the mortgage.

Most instruments are priced with a minimum of $10.00 for 1 or 2 pages with an additional $5.00 for each page or each instrument included in the document. Every instrument has an additional $2.00 fee for data processing and $1.00 when tax is being collected.

6. How do I get a copy of my survey?

We will need to take a look at your deed to see if there is a plat or survey recorded. Not all properties have a recorded survey, in this case you may want to get a copy of the tax map from the Assessor of Property.

7. What restrictions are on my property?

All properties do not have restrictions except the ones required by the Zoning office. You will want to look at your deed to see if your restrictions are included or a reference given as to where they are recorded. Most subdivisions do have some restrictions.

8. How many liens are on this property?

You are welcome to search the records in our office or hire an attorney or title company to do your research. We cannot clear the property for you to purchase.

9. I want to divide my property and deed a portion of it to my child. Where do I start?

Contact the Zoning office at (865) 397-4414 for information on dividing property. All new cuts are approved by the Zoning office. Record the plat or survey after their approval.

10. Can you prepare a deed for me?

We are not allowed to prepare deeds and we do not furnish blank forms for any instruments. You should take a copy of your new recorded survey and a copy of your former deed to an attorney to have a new deed prepared. It should be returned to this office for recording.

11. I have a copy of a power of attorney, deed, etc… Can I get this copy recorded?

We must have the original instrument. We cannot record copies.